Job Title: Bookkeeper
Reports to: CEO
Location: Remote or Ventura, CA USA
Type: Part-time, Contract-based
Orbit Baby is looking for an experienced Bookkeeper to join our Finance team. In this role, you’ll apply a modern approach to Finance utilizing the latest technologies to efficiently and accurately process and manage Orbit’s financial transactions. You’ll collaborate with colleagues across other disciplines, including Operations and Marketing to support the growth of the brand and continual improvement of our internal & external customer experience.
More About You:
You’re performance-driven, a skilled communicator with a passion for Finance and eCommerce. You’re motivated to grow and develop in your craft and you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You’re detail-oriented, with a knack for precision and have a demonstrated track-record of accuracy and quality of work. You’re technically adept, quantitative and process oriented. You seek and apply creative and innovative solutions across your work and enjoy engaging with a vibrant, global team.
· Accurately enter, process and maintain financial transactions and payroll in QuickBooks Enterprise, and related systems.
· Process, manage and administer Accounts Payable process via Bill.com, including the accurate coding of company expenses and collaboration with key partners as necessary.
· Process and manage Accounts Receivable across Orbit’s eCommerce and other sales channels.
· Consistently perform the monthly closing and related reconciliation processes in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
· Proficiently use, develop and optimize Orbit’s systems and processes with a continuous improvement mindset.
· Generate purchase orders as required by planning, process inventory receipts and resolve variances in a timely manner.
· Prepare and provide financial analysis and management reports, as requested.
· Reconcile sales and inventory on a weekly basis.
· Support the customer refund process as necessary.
· Engage professionally and productively with Orbit’s global team and key partners.
· A minimum of 10 yrs bookkeeping experience in the juvenile products, wholesale, retail or relevant industries.
· A passion for Finance, Technology and eCommerce.
· Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Highly detailed, efficient, organized and process oriented.
· Extensively skilled in QuickBooks Enterprise.
· Comfortable and experienced collaborating with key suppliers, partners and customers.
· Ability to productively engage with a global and remotely distributed team across multiple channels, including chat, phone and email.
· Technically adept with a strong Excel and analytical skills.
· A demonstrated track record of accuracy and high quality of work.
· Experience working in; Shopify, Expensify, TSheets, Monday.com and Microsoft Teams.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting or relevant field.
· Ability to work remotely effectively.
· An environment for growth and career development.
· The opportunity to work with a fun-loving and success-oriented team.
· Please fill out application below.
About Orbit Baby:
Founded in 2004, Orbit Baby is a leader in the modern-day luxury baby stroller industry. Known for their patented technology and innovative travel systems, their goal has always been to design the safest and most versatile baby products in the marketplace. Their patented Smart Hub™ technology enabled their baby seat to smoothly turn 360 degrees without disruption, and allowed perfect compatibility and modularity of their stroller, car seat and bassinet. Orbit Baby travel systems quickly became heralded for their convenience, style, safety, and optimized role in engagement between baby, parent, and the world around them. Orbit Baby has newly returned to the North American market with an all-new leadership team and a collection of updated products developed for safety, style, and premium comfort for babies and parents.
Orbit Baby provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.