Hi! We are the Bittons, also known as Ambit Creative: a photo and video duo based in Utah. When we aren't creating content for brands and families, we are more than likely spending time as a family at our favorite place, DISNEYLAND! We are so excited to share with you today 10 tips that will hopefully make your upcoming trip the most magical! Let's get started!
1. Before you go, download the Disneyland App and become familiar with it! Make sure to book any dining reservations ahead of time for sit down restaurants you are hoping to eat at! At the parks, you can utilize the app to make mobile orders, check wait times, plan your day, join dining walk up lists, and so much more! (Screenshot: Disneyland.disney.go.com)
2. Stay at a hotel that is within walking distance to the parks, especially if you have a stroller. Believe us on this one!
3. Adding the Sidekick to your stroller is a game changer at the parks with younger elementary aged kids!
4. Start your day off at the parks with Rope Drop! You can get through security, the gates, and onto Main Street in time for the parks to first open and it’s well worth it. You can get through a lot in the first few hours before it gets really busy!
5. Take breaks by going to the smaller shows and activities. Some of our favorites are The Royal Theater, Turtle Talks, Mickey’s Philharmonics, The Amazing Spiderman, and Animation Studios!
6. Utilize the Rider Switch pass if you have children who don’t meet the height requirement. Before the first group goes on the ride, ask the Cast Member for a Ride Switch pass, which allows up to 3 people to go in the Lightning Lane after the first group has finished!
7. If you aren’t into parades and fireworks, it’s a great time to go on some of the popular rides that normally have longer wait times. One of our favorite things is to go on Big Thunder Mountain while fireworks are happening. It’s magic!
8. We love getting in a day early and spending the evening at Downtown Disney to dine and shop! This is usually the time that if we are letting our kids pick a toy, we get it out of the way so they aren’t so focused on what to buy when we are at the parks.
9. If you can fit it in your budget, we recommend getting the Hopper Passes! While one park per day is totally fine, it’s nice to be able to ride any of the rides throughout both parks each day and not feel rushed to get everything you want done at each park.
10. THE FOOD! We love snacking and dining at the parks. A few of our favorites to try:
- Cafe Orleans in New Orleans Square at Disneyland
- Carnation Cafe on Main Street in Disneyland
- Bengal BBQ + Tropical Hideaway in Adventureland at Disneyland
- Chili Con Queso at the Cozy Cone in DCA
- Fresh fruit, pickles, and on the go snacks at fruit stands throughout both parks
- Churros, pretzels, and chimichangas (breakfast and non-breakfast) throughout the parks. Our favorite churro is at Senor Buzz on Pixar Pier in DCA!
- MICKEY BEIGNETS at The Mint Julep Bar at New Orleans Square in Disneyland. The mint juleps are great too!
BONUS TIP: remember to look up any seasonal food items before you go!
There you have it! We hope you have the best time at the happiest place on earth!